Saturday, 10 July 2010

JULY'S NEWS

This is the first posting for July as I have been away on holiday. My family and I had a weeks break in Queenstown in minus but refreshing conditions. Since I have been away the library has increased its lending prices: rental fiction is now $2.00, inter-library loans are $8.00 and I am sure there is another increase but it has slipped my mind for the moment!
During the month of July the library staff are hoping to introduce a'toddler time' session on a Thursday morning. Two staff members will be travelling to Morrinsville to observe their implementation of the scheme. Another initiative is the 'Rug-Up-and-Read' programme which is designed to encourage children to read and write a review of their books. We are also wanting to incorporate the ideas of a competition and being photographed with your favourite book.
We hope you all have an increasing pile of books to read and plenty of wood for the fire.
Enjoy the month of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment